Lea Bertucci - Metal Aether LPLabel: NNA Tapes
• First release in NNA’s “LPX” Limited Vinyl Series
• Features locally-printed silkscreened packaging
• Limited Edition of 350 copies
• 100 copies on Translucent Purple Tinted vinyl; 250 copies on White vinyl
• Hand-numbered and stamped
We're excited to welcome New York City-based composer and performer Lea Bertucci back to NNA for a brand new full-length, 'Metal Aether.' Lea's early 2017 cassette release 'All That Is Solid Melts Into Air' focused on her role as a composer, with a hand-picked selection of talented musicians performing her acoustically conceptual compositions. 'Metal Aether' instead showcases her role as a performer, revealing four pieces that represent approximately 3 years of ideas and gestures for alto saxophone and magnetic tape. Expanding on 2014's 'Light Silence, Dark Speech' as well as 2015's 'Axis/Atlas,' 'Metal Aether' develops a language of extended technique for alto saxophone that is based on a spectral, psychoacoustic, and non-linguistic approach to the instrument.